Today I floundered for a little while trying to decide what to do. I started a tutorial on using storyboards for iOS, but it quickly became clear the storyboards were functionally equivalent to their OS X NS equivalents, so I didn’t spend too long on those. Vidushi and I went to try and find Prof. Lewis to get developer keys to start testing the gyroscopes, but couldn’t find her unfortunately, so we will try again tomorrow. After that I decided to try and find a way to make text scroll across the screen, as that will be necessary for our final product. This turned out to actually be incredibly difficult. I found two solutions, both custom classes. One was coded in Objective C, and the other was in Swift. I started with the Swift one, and basically just tried to decipher everything that was going on. It had imported a library which was poorly documented online, but I did my best to figure my way through it. I think I kind of understand it, but the animation style here is very different than in the SKSprite Class I worked with previously. I implemented a counter button to increase the scroll speed of a piece of text. However, I noticed two problems: first, no matter the increased speed, there would always be a slight delay when the text looped around on itself and reached its “0” position. Second, whenever the speed was increased the text reset to the origin, meaning it couldn’t be dynamically altered. After spending roughly an hour going through the workflow of the class and commenting out code to see how it affected the final product I figured out how to fix the delay issue. I then spent a long time trying to figure out how to remove the reset to origin, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to figure it out. I think it has something to do with the animation frames of this third party library requiring a home state, but I might be able to add an extension to undo that dependency. I will try tomorrow.