Day 45, July 24 – Vidushi

Today’s work was much the same as yesterday’s – I started the morning by fixing the issues in the poster from yesterday, on a content and formatting level. I haven’t really spent enough time trying to make it look more attractive, mostly because I find this hard to do without making it look tacky, but I will definitely get to it soon. The rest of the time I worked on the paper and also did some statistical analysis. As Adam wrote the Results section, we thought it would be good to have some indication of the statistical significance of the results we were showing, so I had to spend a couple of hours fixing my code to work with the new data. Instead of word by word comparisons, we now wanted a passage to passage comparison, so I had to account for that functionality too. Generally our results are not ideal, but we have at least 3 good numbers which we will add to the paper soon.

Adam’s Results section needs to be added to the TeX file, which is probably what I will start with on Monday. I’m going to do something about the logo on the poster, and except for that I think it has to be mostly writing the other sections of the paper. I tried to make sure I had Adam’s input before writing it all up, and I think I have a reasonable idea of what is left to write.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s