July 5 (Week 3) – Maury

Today, I have been trying to getting Stanford CoreNLP to work nicely with Python so that I can get parse trees for all of the sentences in the corpus I am examining. For some reason, when I run the CoreNLP server on Knuth (the school’s computer science server), it doesn’t respond well when I make repeated calls to it using pycorenlp. No idea why. So, I decided to just give it a file where a sentence is on a line, and try processing that. Since the file was pretty big (over 30k sentences), I decided to get some other work done. I started investigating SRILM and looking at the format that it requires to create a language model. I wrote code that takes in the output from CoreNLP and formats it as necessary for SRILM. Now, all I need to do is to get CoreNLP to actually process the data.

One thought on “July 5 (Week 3) – Maury

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s