July 13 (Week 4) – Maury

Today, I spent the majority of the day poring through Stanford CoreNLP’s codebase, trying to troubleshoot the server code. At one point, I tried to download the codebase and compile it from source myself, but I didn’t have enough disk space to do it on Knuth, and I could not compile it on my computer. So, unfortunately, even though I had some theories to test why the CoreNLP server code base, I could never actually modify the code to see if I was right! So, essentially I was at a standstill. At the end of the day, I was finally able to get ahold of the system administrator for Knuth, and I got the quota bump that I needed! I was quite happy with this, because it meant that I no longer needed to troubleshoot CoreNLP, and I could just focus on getting the parses now, so that I can analyze them.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s