July 19 (Week 5) – Maury

Today, I spent time thinking about the results that I got yesterday. Primarily, I was thinking about the way that I constructed the text given to the language model. To get the numbers that I got yesterday, I actually did a pre-order traversal of the syntax trees I got from Stanford CoreNLP. But, in retrospect, I am not sure that allows me to extract the information that I want from the text. So, today I decided to do some research on language models built on information gathered from constituency parses (e.g., parts of speech). I haven’t found anything on that yet.

From July 20th until July 22nd, I will be away. But expect an update on July 25th for additional progress!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s